Cuboree

Anything that doesn’t fit elsewhere yet.
Roxybeaver1
anti_spambot: 7

Cuboree

Postby Roxybeaver1 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:58 pm

So, this year there will be a Council cub camp. Other than badge trading, what can we expect from this kind of camp, other than a lot of Cubs? We are on the fence about attending as it is right after our annual area Camporee.

Hawkeye3
anti_spambot: 7

Re: Cuboree

Postby Hawkeye3 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:38 am

I attended the Voyageur Council Cubaree three years ago. We had a fairly strong and mature group so it went well. The program was good, the kids had fun. The interesting thing was that the Cubs went around from group to group getting their shirts signed by everyone. It was really fun to see.

Downside – it was HUGE. There were two large fields of tents. People were jam packed in. If you have youth that do not like large crowds, stay away.

Suggestion - bring EXTRA neckers. With that many youth, you need to be able to quickly identify yours. They will want to wear the Cubaree t-shirt so the Necker is the best way to identify yours.
Suggestion #2 - if you have a group sign, bring it. In a field of tents, having a "1st Grenovian" sign or other group identifier helps.

I would love to go again and strongly recommend it to anyone. Plus, I know one of the organizers - the Voyageur one will be good.

Return to “General Discussion”