Awards from other Scouting/Guiding Associations

Raves, rants, and comments about the 2011 uniform change
scouterguider
anti_spambot: 7

Awards from other Scouting/Guiding Associations

Post by scouterguider » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:57 pm

With the old uniform, there was a location for "Awards presented by other Scouting/Guiding Associations". (At least there was a few years ago...)

Is there a location for them on the new uniform? I have one that I've always worn....

Ken Stovold

Re: Awards from other Scouting/Guiding Associations

Post by Ken Stovold » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 pm

There is no badge police :)

norma

Post by norma » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:17 pm

8001.11 – Other Insignia:
The Canada Cord Pin may be worn by former youth members of Guiding, on the flap of the left breast pocket on the uniform, until such time as the Queen’s Venturer Award is earned.

8001.14 – Agency Badges:
Venturers, Rovers and Scouters who hold a current certificate awarded by St. John Ambulance Association, Lifesaving Society or Canadian Red Cross Society may wear the appropriate agency badge on the uniform.
Only the most senior badge earned from each agency may be worn, and such badge(s) is/are to be worn on the right sleeve of the uniform just above the cuff.
Agencies require periodic re-testing to ensure the skill level is maintained and updated. Members should remove badges when no longer qualified by the agency to wear them.
Perhaps one of these is what you are looking for?

scouterguider

Post by scouterguider » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:26 pm

No - it is for Adult Awards. There used to be a line in BP&P stating that Awards received by other Scouting and Guiding organizations could be worn (on the Tan uniform it was above the Left Pocket) - I don't see it in BP&P now though.

In my case, it is specifically the Girl Guides "Gold Thanks" pin, for "good service to Guiding" by a registered member. It would roughly be equivalent to a "Medal for Good Service".

I've had friends that wore a "Silver Thanks" pin from Guiding (for good service to Guiding by a person who is not a member), another friend that had some award from BSA, etc.

norma

Post by norma » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 pm

9005.4 – Honours And Awards From Other Sources:
At their discretion, holders of honours or awards as prescribed by the Secretary of State for Canada, or the Canadian Military, or for gallantry from any source, or for good services from any Scout or Guide Association, may wear these on their uniform above the left pocket, below the role specific insignia. Undress medals are typically considered more appropriate for wear on the uniform than full medals.

scouterguider

Post by scouterguider » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:28 pm

That's it! THANKS!

Now I know to leave room for it before I sew on the role badge.