New registration procedures for Rovers

Virtual Moot for our senior scouting section.

Moderators: Errol Feldman, Mike Stewart

ayates
anti_spambot: 7

Re: New registration procedures for Rovers

Post by ayates » Tue May 22, 2012 10:09 am

apitman wrote:Does this mean I can no longer have a Venture as a Partner in the field?
Correct, you will need a second Rover/adult with you at all times to have that Venturer as a partner.

firedog_53

Post by firedog_53 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:02 am

Justing rereading this last post...
ayates wrote:Correct, you will need a second Rover/adult with you at all times to have that Venturer as a partner.
Is that necessary? Wouldn't that depend on where you were working? For example, if you are at a camp, with other people around, then you are not alone with the youth. Might be different if you were on a "night patrol" with the same young person but in the day light, around other people??

Lets carry that over to a canoe trip.. can a Leader be alone in a canoe with a Scout? Sure, as long as they are with other canoes. Be different if it was just a midnight paddle, just one canoe, and all alone. I think most people can see the difference in these situations, don't you?

FD

ayates

Post by ayates » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 am

firedog_53 wrote:I think most people can see the difference in these situations, don't you?
Agreed. I think the key is being in sight. If two leaders are in sight of each other, then even if they are with two different kids, I think everything would be ok. One leader in the campsite and another in the kybo isn't allowed.

norma

Post by norma » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Robert D White wrote:That would also depend on whether or not the Venturer Scout had been registered as a Leader and had completed the Wood Badge Part 1 training. Then the Venturer Scout could be counted for the two-deep leader ratio.
the new screening chart says 'under 18' will count for ratio if they have wbI ... but that they need to be supervised by 2 registered adults ...

Rovers it says do not need to be supervised but need to be 'always 2' the same as "scouters and other adults (e.g BP Guild)"

ayates

Post by ayates » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:53 pm

norma wrote:
Robert D White wrote:That would also depend on whether or not the Venturer Scout had been registered as a Leader and had completed the Wood Badge Part 1 training. Then the Venturer Scout could be counted for the two-deep leader ratio.
the new screening chart says 'under 18' will count for ratio if they have wbI ... but that they need to be supervised by 2 registered adultss
My under standing is the same as Norma's. Venturers with WBI (and the rest of their screening) would count towards the 1:5/1:6 rations, but now need to be supervised by two registered adults at all time. So assuming the ratio called for six leaders, that could be comprised of four Venturers and two leaders. However, given the 2 deep requirement for adults in general, it would be better off to have two Ventuers and four leaders.

Sam Wallis

Post by Sam Wallis » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 pm

you could never split up with 2 leaders and 4 vents the vents could never be out of sight of both leaders. that would be a nightmare, no leader could ever go to the kybo
Truth is a perception, and a individual perception is their truth