Rover Woodbadge eLearning

Virtual Moot for our senior scouting section.

Moderators: Errol Feldman, Mike Stewart

makr
anti_spambot: 0

Re: Rover Woodbadge eLearning

Post by makr » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:07 am

I think the key here is with the Group Commissioner and Group Scout Leader in advising the Advisor and to assess their ability to advise. I would recommend any new advisor to take live woodbadge and to learn from trainers directly, but at the same time, this is a fairly easy course for new advisors to take in september so they have some idea what they're doing before heading to an actual weekend.

Errol Feldman
anti_spambot: 0

Post by Errol Feldman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:37 am

Angus Bickerton wrote:Okay, WB I Company and Crew have been up since Sept. 14 or 15, and I completed them both last night (I have a full set of WB I now!). They do not provide for printing out a completion certificate at the end of each module like Colony, Pack and Troop do...
Let Ross Francis , < rfrancis@scouts.ca > know about this. He is charege of the e-Learning project.
Errol Feldman
Commissioner
Scouts Canada - Europe
Just an Old Dinosaur

“Do, or do not. There is no try.”
Master Yoda

southpaw_1979
anti_spambot: 7

Post by southpaw_1979 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:54 pm

We encourage our members to attend in person, especially for new members. I think there is much to be gained from a residential WB1. Where there is a problem giving up a full weekend, we try to work it out with the course leader, two leaders will be doing Module 1 and 5 online (the Friday eve and Sunday morning portion) and attending all day Saturday. They will get the best of both worlds without giving up a full weekend.