Badge descriptions on scouts.ca

Online stuff, membership tools, etc.
scoutercj
anti_spambot: 7

Badge descriptions on scouts.ca

Post by scoutercj » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:17 am

I noticed that with scouts.ca's latest update, that the badge descriptions for all sections disappeared. :( (Although it's nice to see the new badge designs there now.)

I was wondering if anyone out there knows if these descriptions are coming back on the current version of the website - as I found them very helpful to direct my families there as an additional resource (especially if a youth misplaced their book with the badge requirements in it).

scouterguider

Re: Badge descriptions on scouts.ca

Post by scouterguider » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Is This what you are looking for? http://wiki.scouts.ca/en/Main_Page

scoutercj

Post by scoutercj » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 am

Well, that is helpful scouterguider - thanks. I hadn't thought of the wiki as another source...

I noticed that the descriptions have since made their way back to scouts.ca - :D. What I like about them is that a youth and/or their parents can print out the exact page(s) from their book to carry around with them if needed.

I noticed that the Scouts section has the "Pioneer Scout" requirements, but wonder if the "Tenderpad" requirements for the Cub Scout section could be added too. I can't count the times I've been asked by parents and youth about where to find those requirements (other than continually directing them to their copy of The Cub Book).

Errol Feldman
anti_spambot: 0

Post by Errol Feldman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:28 pm

It's also on wiki, just click on CUBS
Errol Feldman
Commissioner
Scouts Canada - Europe
Just an Old Dinosaur

“Do, or do not. There is no try.”
Master Yoda