MileStone1 (MS1)

Ideas, thoughts, approaches and material to equip our adult volunteers to deliver the youth programs.
Jessicapiscopo
anti_spambot: 7

MileStone1 (MS1)

Post by Jessicapiscopo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:01 pm

Is there an online course specifically titled MileStone1 (MS1) in the e-learning? I am supposed to complete this but don't see it. From what I can gather online, this is achieved once Wood Badge 1 is completed, correct? I am training to be a beaver leader and have taken all the online modules for Wood Badge 1 for Beavers as well as the accessibility training and child and youth safety. Is there something more in the e learning I am missing to complete the MS1? Thanks!

norma

Re: MileStone1 (MS1)

Post by norma » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:23 pm

MS1 is the Woodbadge I in the section for your primary role

However it will not be checked off until at least midnight EST the day you complete the last module online ... the two systems (training and myScouts) only talk once a day to mark your completed training.

Make sure you have the Mod 1 and then the 2, 3, 4, 5 for the section (in your case Beavers/colony) showing under "My Training" tab. Sometimes they will show in the training system as complete, but don't show in myScouts.

Jessicapiscopo

Post by Jessicapiscopo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks for the reply! You were completely right, that's exactly what it was. Showed up the next day. :)

Angus Bickerton

Post by Angus Bickerton » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Jessica:

Waaaaay better than the online training, try a live WB I course. It will give you so much more than the online stuff does. You will share and brainstorm and have a lot of fun, and go back to your section really charged up. I can't say enough about the value of the live Wood Badge courses. Gives you knowledge, confidence and enthusiasm, in contrast to the online courses, which just allow you to "check the box".
Last edited by Angus Bickerton on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Angus Bickerton
Troop Scouter
Brockville Troop
1st Brockville Group Committee
1st Gilwell 2011 (Colony) 2013 (Pack)

There is no armour made that can withstand the truth - Karsa Orlong

Sam Wallis

Post by Sam Wallis » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Angus, you may have a typo there. you mean try a live course...
Truth is a perception, and a individual perception is their truth

Angus Bickerton

Post by Angus Bickerton » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:38 am

Sam Wallis wrote:Angus, you may have a typo there. you mean try a live course...
Oops. Fixed.
Angus Bickerton
Troop Scouter
Brockville Troop
1st Brockville Group Committee
1st Gilwell 2011 (Colony) 2013 (Pack)

There is no armour made that can withstand the truth - Karsa Orlong