RE: MRP gifts coming soon

Ideas, approaches, material, etc. to develop our senior youth into leaders of the movement.
RakelaK
anti_spambot: 7

RE: MRP gifts coming soon

Post by RakelaK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 am

Anyone else having trouble getting their registered youth activity leaders added to the MRP gifts emailing list?

When the original emails went out I sent in a request for clarification to the helpcentre because it was my belief that ALs and SiTs should be included. The response I got indicated that they would be picked up in a 2nd emailing.

Now the final lists have come out and my 2 registered Als (who have both gone through full screening and complete WB1 training, AODA training and CYS training) are still not included.

I feel this is wrong... we should be recognizing these youth leaders as equals... since their time and energy into planning and programming for their sections is no different than the effort of the adults. In most cases those youth are actually doing more work that some of their adult counterparts.

This shouldn't be an issue or roadblock. Has anyone else had success in getting their complete teams, including the ALs and SiTs onto the gift list?

GlennDay

Re: RE: MRP gifts coming soon

Post by GlennDay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:48 pm

I have forwarded this on to the National office. We definitely want to be recognizing all our volunteers.

Glenn
Glenn Day
Assistant National Youth Commissioner - East
e: gday@scouts.ca
t: @GlennJDay

alexkillby

Re: RE: MRP gifts coming soon

Post by alexkillby » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Rakela,

Your SIT's and AL's should definitely have been recognized through our Milestone Recognition Program. I'm sorry that for some reason they were missed! Would you be able to send me a private message on this forum with the names of the youth? I'd be happy to continue the dialogue there and find a resolution for this problem.
Alex Killby
Membership Services Co-ordinator
The Scouts Canada Help Centre, Back Office Team
Scouts Canada - National Service Centre

1345 chemin Baseline Road, Ottawa, ON K2C 0A7
akillby@scouts.ca